Thank you for your interest in working at PEP!
Programs Employing People (PEP) is a Philadelphia based nonprofit organization established in 1969 to support individuals with intellectual disabilities in areas including Supported Employment, Vocational Training, Adult Skills of Daily Living, Senior Services, In-Home and Community Habilitation, Adult Literacy Education, Summer Camp and Recreation Programs. We are located in the vibrant South Philadelphia Community of Point Breeze at Broad and Federal Street.
PEP has an annual operating budget of $3 million to provide program services to over 300 individuals annually and employs 60 professional staff.
PEP prides itself on the many organizational achievements of the past, the excellent work environment of today and the unlimited possibilities for the future in providing exemplary supports to individuals with disabilities. PEP is a wonderful place to work. Staff turnover is very low compared to industry standards and positions are very competitive. PEP offers competitive wages, excellent benefits including; health, vacation, personal and sick time, paid holidays, 403(b) retirement plan. A supportive and professional work environment and professional training for employees.
Business Relations Manager
A non-profit agency seeks experienced Business Relations Manager. Requires the development, implementation, and evaluation of the vocational/production habilitation department (IDS). BA/BS in Social Services or Business is pref. Previous exp. In vocational/production setting, accommodations in production process, computer/IT competency, knowledge of IDS Human services system, Supervisory experience. Salary + fully paid benefits pkg. Qualified individuals should apply with resume and cover letter.
Employment Specialists/Job Coach
A non-profit agency seeks experienced Employment Specialist/Job Coach. Requires job development/mobility training experience, Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and good driving record required. Must be High School graduate or GED certified. BA preferred. Qualified individuals should apply with resume and cover letter.
Janitorial Staff – (Full Time)
A non-profit agency seeks experienced Janitorial staff to support facility management. Requires housekeeping/janitorial experience. Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and good driving record required. Must be High School graduate or GED certified. Qualified individuals should apply with resume and cover letter.
Life Skills Instructor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Fulltime – permanent
- Develop and maintain the delivery of quality service consistent with agency program policy and procedure.
- Provide supports to consumers of service in the acquisition of skills in the following domains:
- Skills of daily living
- Community exploration
- Vocational interests and training
- Recreational and leisure options
- Participate in initial assessment of consumers seeking service and update annually as required.
- Participate in development of goal planning and program selection of consumers seeking service.
- Develop task analysis for goal implementation.
- Implement goals and objectives as written in an ISP, or Person Centered Plan.
- Collect daily data on program implementation using standardized forms developed by the planning team.
- Summarize program data on a monthly basis and submit to program manager or designee for review.
- Attend in service training as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
High School graduate and one year’s experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities; valid driver’s license; and demonstrated understanding of acceptable instructional methods for skill acquisition. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred.
Home and Community Habilitation Instructor
Program intent is to increase and utilize community resources where individuals with intellectual disability live and to construct and deliver effective community training methods and sites in order to facilitate greater independence and control in the lives of consumers supported through this program. The program delivery system will consist of introducing community mobility and social interaction skills through community inclusion practices.
POSITION DESCRIPTION; Fulltime- permanent
- Survey the community and identify sites that are likely to provide natural learning experiences based on the needs of consumers.
- Provide mobility training and social interaction by supporting individuals in small group or one on one ratios into community settings and activities.
- Prepare and plan activities unique to the interest and needs of individuals being supported. ensuring positive outcomes
- Develop and implement instructional plans for consumers in community settings.
- Maintain memberships associated with the daily activities of consumers.
- Coordinate the services necessary for a consumer to continue in the Community Based Instruction program with job coaches, rehabilitation trainers, vocational trainers, and case managers.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS or High School Diploma plus a minimum of four years experience working with people with intellectual disabilities. Valid vehicle operator’s license required. Demonstrated ability to independently work with small groups of consumers in a community environment. Ability to plan and follow Individual Support Plan and Person Centered Planning process.
Knowledge of Philadelphia transportation system, cultural community, and educational centers. Knowledge of pre-employment activity that supports employment first principles
Adult Education Instructor (Part time)
PROGRAMS EMPLOYING PEOPLE located at Broad and Federal in South Philadelphia seeks an experienced Adult Education/GED Instructor (part time)
Immediate opening – approximately 15 hours per week, (day, afternoon or evening based on availability and preference)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Instruct adult education classes — Instructor will develop supplementary curriculum, provide learners with informal case management, track student attendance and performance through data systems, and participate in regular professional development. Must be familiar with PA GED Test.
Ability to teach all aspects of adult education/GED
Excellent computer, organizational and people skills are essential.
Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Sensitivity to the needs of adult learners
An online application form can be completed by clicking the Job Application Form link below.
You can e-mail a resume and cover letter indicating your interest and salary requirements to: PEP-HR@PEPservices.org
Snail mail to: PEP-HR, 1200 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146